As a recent report from Gartner® highlights, these trends include prioritizing technology to operate successfully in a hybrid world and adopting cloud infrastructure solutions. Because TCP Software understands the unique needs of the K-12 environment, we are providing complimentary access to a report from Gartner: “Top 5 Trends Impacting K-12 Education.” In the report, you can find the latest insights about current trends as well as how to deal with an increasingly unpredictable educational environment.
Why Trust Advice from Gartner?
Gartner is an objective, indispensable research and advisory partner to more than 15,000 organizations in more than 100 countries — across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size. Their single, overriding goal is to equip you and your teams with the insights, advice and tools you need to achieve your most critical priorities and fuel the future of your business. In today’s constantly evolving and increasingly complex landscape, it’s not about how much information you have, but about having the right information.
Reasons to Download the Gartner Report
According to the Gartner report, the “hybrid age” has created numerous challenges for CIOs in the education sector, but also offers K-12 organizations a “massive opportunity to accelerate the organization’s progress toward achieving its digital ambitions.”
Amidst rapid change, such as that influenced by the pandemic, it can be difficult to know which trends are just fads and which are worth considering. Gartner’s report supports education CIOs by outlining the five transformational trends and how they can embrace them to have the most impact.
Download the Gartner report if you’ve experienced any of the following situations in organization:
- You found yourselves unprepared to adopt and implement digital solutions across your educational organization.
- You experienced the need to transition key K-12 systems and operations to cloud infrastructure.
- Your leadership has prioritized operational agility and adaptability as requirements to ensure student and staff success.
- You want to review how top trends have impacted K-12 organizations, including initiatives related to COVID-19 response, remote work, and employee engagement.
- You know it’s time to confirm how cloud-based alternatives can help you increase scalability and cyber security across the district.
Our Takeaways from the Gartner Report
The complexity of shifting to a remote model during the pandemic was extremely difficult for K-12 organizations. Of course, student and teacher needs were the top priority. However, CIOs were also tasked with supporting a remote model for members of their administrative workforce and support staff, too. In many cases district IT staff scrambled to deploy their resources in ways they never had before.
According to Gartner, “Not only did students need immediate access to learning resources and systems, but also the entire workforce of the organization — business, administrative and instructional — was typically forced to work remotely overnight. Network designs moved from what was for many a fairly simplistic, ‘everything is inside our walls’ schema to the complex question of how to secure resources when everyone is outside the walls.”
Read the Gartner report to discover how education CIOs can face the realities of a constantly changing educational environment by:
- Collaborating with organizational leaders to strategize for a migration to the cloud that brings necessary flexibility and scalability.
- Adapting to a hybrid age by leveraging digital tools – not only in the classroom, but across the entire organization.
- Leveraging cloud options that enhance cybersecurity reduce risks related to cyber-attacks.
- Using the power of artificial intelligence and emerging technologies to provide interactive teaching tools that inspire collaboration.
- Delivering systems that enable remote learning and work to take place – regardless of location, device or connection.
Incorporate Top K-12 Educational Trends in Your Workforce Approach
As the pandemic made clear, today’s students, faculty, and staff require flexible and advanced technologies. As you level-up your approach to meet these needs, engage your key decision makers around the top trends present in today’s K-12 environment. While manual, “status quo” processes may have met your needs in the past, those methods will no longer provide what you need.
It’s essential that administrators, CIOs, and district employees all share a common understanding of what needs to be addressed as workforce and learning needs evolve. For more details about the trends impacting today’s K-12 organizations, download the complimentary Gartner report today.
You May Also Like...
How one school district leveraged our software to streamline time-tracking procedures for employees and learned to use the software to improve processes.
Technology has become embedded in K-12 education as teachers use a wide range of websites and educational apps.
Learn how Toledo Public Schools' Transportation Department implemented automated timekeeping and reduced payroll effort by 85%.
The right tools and internal processes can help your K-12 school district prepare for an audit.