The COVID-19 pandemic created a situation in which students, teachers and administrative staff all were at the forefront of adapting to learning – and working – in a remote environment. While many K-12 schools adapted admirably to the challenges of the past few years, “the great resignation” has hit schools especially hard. As Gartner states, “The importance of the K-12 CIO role amid all this change, challenge and opportunity has never been greater, as the CIO must be able to tie the organization’s mission-critical priorities to the necessary technical capabilities and investments.”
A recent report from Gartner® highlights technology trends CIOs are using to creatively solve the biggest challenges facing K-12 schools today. Because TCP Software understands the unique needs of the K-12 environment, we are providing complimentary access to a report from Gartner: “Top 5 Trends Impacting K-12 Education In 2022.” In the report, you can find the latest insights about current trends as well as how to deal with an increasingly unpredictable educational environment.
Reasons to Download the Gartner K-12 Tech Trends Report
According to the Gartner report, “An adaptable, agile and composable K-12 organization of the future will be one that recognizes the key strategic technologies and business trends represented by these top five trends...” Amidst rapid change, such as that influenced by the pandemic, it can be difficult to know which trends are just fads and which are worth considering. The report by Gartner supports education CIOs by outlining the five transformational trends and how they can embrace them to have the most impact.
We believe you should download the Gartner report if you’ve experienced any of the following situations in organization:
- You are looking to leverage technology to aid departments that are stretched thin without creating information security risks.
- You experienced the need to transition key K-12 systems and operations to a digital learning environment.
- Your leadership has prioritized operational agility and adaptability as requirements to ensure student and staff success.
- You want to review how top trends have impacted K-12 organizations, including initiatives related to COVID-19 response, education staff hiring and retention issues and adaptive learning.
Our Takeaways from the Gartner Report
The complexity of shifting to a digital learning environment during the pandemic was extremely difficult for K-12 organizations. In fact, two years into the pandemic, schools are still finding themselves in the position of having to quickly shift from in-person learning to remote learning and back again, sometimes on a few days’ notice.
According to Gartner, “This year, the “hybrid world” trend is refined to the more specific “digital learning environments,” reflecting the need to think in multiple dimensions about how, when and where learning takes place. These changes include not only new additions to classroom technologies, but also those that enable this level of flexibility required to deliver instruction under nearly any conditions.”
Read the Gartner report to discover how education CIOs can face the realities of a constantly changing educational environment by:
- Adapting to a digital learning environment that leverages technology ecosystems to support fully online, hybrid and physical teaching practices.
- Using analytics applications that provide faster, more-accurate and more-actionable insight into students’ learning.
- Prioritizing information security to better protect districts from increasing ransomware attacks.
- Looking into new ways to provide key IT support, in light of the unprecedented demand for education IT staff.
Incorporate Top K-12 Educational Trends in Your Workforce Approach
As the pandemic made clear, today’s students, faculty, and staff require flexible and advanced technologies. As you level-up your approach to meet these needs, engage your key decision makers around the top trends present in today’s K-12 environment. While manual, “status quo” processes may have met your needs in the past, those methods will no longer provide what you need.
It’s essential that administrators, CIOs, and district employees all share a common understanding of what needs to be addressed as workforce and learning needs evolve. For more details about the trends impacting today’s K-12 organizations, download the complimentary Gartner report today.