Workforce Management Software Buyer's Guide for Construction
About This Resource
The spread of COVID-19 had what Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) refers to as a “substantial impact on construction activity and employment.” Construction spending rose by 4.8%, which ABC attributes in part to increases in building materials and labor costs as well as reductions in labor supply. They projected a need to hire 430,000 craft professionals in 2021 alone.
In these conditions, it’s essential that firms can maximize their workforce. Genuine workforce management happens when firms integrate key activities into one platform. Regardless of the size of your firm, chances are you’re looking for information about how to choose the right workforce management (WFM) software because your:
• Existing systems aren’t meeting your need to gather punches and track multiple project sites
• Costly payroll errors are hitting your budget or negatively impacting employee morale due to errors in pay
• Methods for scheduling aren’t strategic, and supervisors must rely on their best guess to know where employees are the most productive
With WFM, construction firms can make decisions based on labor tracking and job costing, and leverage document management capabilities to retain files and avoid risk. In addition, tools for supervising mobile workers and staff working at job sites make it easy to capture all the necessary data, regardless of an employee’s location.
Whatever brought you to this search for a WFM solution, you’re in good company. Many construction firms are realizing a need to elevate their workforce management approach. In our WFM buyer's guide, you'll learn:
• Which questions to ask to help you choose the best solution.
• What to consider when reviewing the available options.
• Why your firm needs a workforce management system.
• Benefits of a workforce management system.
• How to prepare for the vendor selection process.
Download our guide to learn key steps to help identify what you need to consider and who needs to be involved in your search for workforce management software.
You May Also Like...
Our guide helps construction business owners and managers understand how to overcome labor and scheduling challenges with workforce management software.
Used by over 4500 school districts nationwide, our software helps manage labor expenses, reduce compliance risk and improve workforce productivity.
Learn now better employee scheduling software can lead to more engaged employees.
TimeClock Plus features time and attendance capabilities and time collection devices, while Humanity Scheduling brings rosters and scheduling.