Time Clock Selection Guide
About This Resource
Whether you’re looking to ditch paper processes or upgrade to a more sophisticated system to better meet your needs, purchasing a time clock is an investment. Thankfully, with a good understanding of the unique needs for your organization and the right software, it’s one that will most certainly pay off.
Time clock devices let you accurately collect and report on clock in/clock out times of employees. They are available in multiple configurations, so it’s important to research the options available to understand the best setup for your organization.
Where do you start? Begin by developing a list of requirements for your organization so you can narrow down your options before getting into the evaluation process. Here are a few questions you should ask as you outline the requirements for your organization:
• Do we have mobile or remote employees who need to clock in from wherever they work?
• Do we need a physical time clock or is a web-based option preferred?
• Is buddy punching or time theft a concern in our organization?
• Do we regularly have lines that form at the clock during clock in/out times?
• Are we looking to offer a touchless clock in/out experience to facilitate faster, safer clock operations?
• Do we need to scan temperatures prior to clock in?
You May Also Like...
TCP time and attendance solution helps K-12 school district streamline time tracking and scheduling processes, bringing new levels of accountability.
Labor tracking and job costing are essential workforce management tools that provide the data and insight to help you maximize your workforce.
How one school district leveraged our software to streamline time-tracking procedures for employees and learned to use the software to improve processes.
TCP's Humanity Scheduling custom rules enable you to address any regulatory compliance concern, labor law or business constraint.