Time Clock Selection Guide
About This Resource
Whether you’re looking to ditch paper processes or upgrade to a more sophisticated system to better meet your needs, purchasing a time clock is an investment. Thankfully, with a good understanding of the unique needs for your organization and the right software, it’s one that will most certainly pay off.
Time clock devices let you accurately collect and report on clock in/clock out times of employees. They are available in multiple configurations, so it’s important to research the options available to understand the best setup for your organization.
Where do you start? Begin by developing a list of requirements for your organization so you can narrow down your options before getting into the evaluation process. Here are a few questions you should ask as you outline the requirements for your organization:
• Do we have mobile or remote employees who need to clock in from wherever they work?
• Do we need a physical time clock or is a web-based option preferred?
• Is buddy punching or time theft a concern in our organization?
• Do we regularly have lines that form at the clock during clock in/out times?
• Are we looking to offer a touchless clock in/out experience to facilitate faster, safer clock operations?
• Do we need to scan temperatures prior to clock in?
You May Also Like...
Case Study: Processing Employee Data In Half the Time
Implementing PBJ for 900 employees required robust workforce management solutions for Century Care Management, a family-owned nursing residency.
Fact Sheet: WebClock
TCP's Time Clock Plus WebClock is a web-based time clock that allows employees to perform clock operations and self-service actions.
Everything You Need to Know About Workforce Management for Healthcare
From tracking employee time to scheduling and more, here is everything you need to know about workforce management for healthcare.
Fact Sheet: TCP Direct for Workday
TimeClock Plus's innovative and flexible time collection solution is purpose-built to integrate and operate with Workday.
See it in Action
See how you can empower your people with proven workforce management solutions.Watch a Demo Video